Wednesday 24 August 2011

Oprah Winfrey




1. Has anyone ever influenced you in the way Sidney Poitier influenced Oprah Winfrey ? explain.


2. List two " enormous obstacles " Oprah had to face as a child


3. Who raised Oprah until she was six ? where was she raised until she was six ?


4. Why do you think Oprah does charity work with families in Africa


5. Why do you think Poitier wrote this article ? Explain you answers.


6. Based on this selection, what do you think of Oprah Winfrey ? do you like her ? do you think that reading about her will have an influence on your life. explain your answers.


Answers.


1.   Yes. many people who inspire my life and influence in my life, especially people who always inspire and influence in my life is my own mother. she taught many important things in life to me. she always gives motivation and advice to me when I was in distress.she did not know the meaning of despair in educating children so that children become useful someday. what she wanted, her children are happy at all times even though she was in anxiety.that is why my mother was an inspiration in my life.


2.   Among the obstacles faced when Oprah Winfrey as a child is the firstshe was born on unmarried couples or Oprah was bornwhile his parents have not remarriedsecondthe enormous obstacles that she faced as a child while she is she living in segregated society.


3.    For the six first six years of her life, Oprah was raised by her maternal grandmother on a farm in rural Mississippi.


4. She's doing a good deed or charity work with families in Africa because he wanted to ease the burden faced by families in Africa. Other than that, he wants to strengthen the relation with family there and helped them, so that he can do.


5.   I thinkPoitier wrote this article is to tell the people in the world that it is not what your past what you make todaybut what you are going to do today and tomorrow.


6.  I think I like her, because she was a kind and has never given up in any matter which she did. She is also willing to sacrifice to ensure that all people in the world can get  happiness in life. After reading about herthe story of her life can have an impact in meshe story to me that the importance of the meaning of a human life in this world.


1 comment: